Through constructive dialogue with shareholders and investors, the Company aims for sustained corporate growth and increases in corporate value over the medium to long term. Our policy on system development and initiatives to promote constructive dialogue with shareholders and investors is described below.
Policy on Constructive Dialogue with Shareholders and Investors
The Company aims to grow continuously and improve corporate value over the medium- to long-term by through holding a constructive dialogue with shareholders and investors. Policies on the development of the systems and initiatives that facilitate such dialogue are as follows:
- The Corporate Communications Department, which is under the direct control of the President is responsible for overall dialogue with shareholders and investors.
- Opinions collected through dialogue with shareholders and investors are appropriately conveyed to Members of the Board of Directors and Audit & Supervisory Board Members as well as relevant departments as necessary in order to share and utilize information.
- To appropriately hold dialogue with shareholders and investors, the Corporate Communications Department builds a framework of cooperation to share information with Divisions of Corporate Planning, Finance & Accounting, Human Resources and Corporate Governance and other Departments.
- If shareholders and investors request a dialogue with the Company, we provide appropriate personnel for such a dialogue after confirming what the shareholder hopes and what the purpose of the dialogue is.
- Other than personal interviews, the Company provides dialogue opportunities in the form of financial results meetings for analysts and investors after announcement of quarterly financial results, as well as R&D meeting and ESG meeting. In addition, the Company offers meetings for individual investors.
- The Company works to ensure stringent management of insider information in accordance with the Regulations for the Prevention of Insider Trading. When holding dialogue with shareholders and investors, we strive to disclose information in an easy-to-understand, fair and accurate manner, based on the policy on information disclosure. the Company set a quiet period of four weeks prior to the financial results announcement, during which dialogue with investors is restricted.
Status of dialogue with shareholders and investors
Dialogue with Shareholders and Investors
|Participants from ONO
|President and Representative Director, Corporate Officers, Corporate Ccommunications and the others（Corporate Strategy & Plannning, Finance & Accounting, Corporate Governance, etc.）
|Overview of dialogue partners
|Diverse shareholders and analysts as well as active and passive institutional investors, both in Japan and overseas.
|Main topics and matters of interest
|・Status of main product 「OPDIVO」 and progress on development pipeline
・Future growth strategies, including overseas expansion, and R&D strategy
・Financial Strategy and Shareholder Return Policy
・Non-Financial Activities Including ESG, etc.
|Status of feedback on the opinions or concerns of shareholders and investors to the management team and the Board of Directors
|・Reported once a year at the Board of Directors meeting（Consider expanding opportunities for feedback）
・Reported quartely to the President and Representative Director, Corporate Officers (Executive Director).
|Key matters incorporated based on feedback
|In response to an opinion that disclosure of more detailed information about the ONO's compliance system would appropriately inform stakeholders of its stance, the Company disclosed this information on its website on April 14, 2023.
Achievements in Dialogue Activities
|Private Investor Meetings
|Financial Results Meetings for institutional investors and analysts
|Individual meetings with institutional investors and analysts ※
|Conferences hosted by securities companies
|Individual meetings with exercisers of voting rights（Shareholder Relations）
※Total number of participants and companies
- Please see the IR Calendar page below for our company's schedule of dialogue with shareholders and investors.
- IR Calender